Friday, January 11, 2013

Brain Sludge

Today was a bit of a longer one, as I was battling through a thick layer of brain sludge that was attempting to keep my thoughts from flowing. I'm glad to say I prevailed against it with more coffee, a large dose of sunshine, and some fresh air. Chapter Twelve will be wrapped up within the hour, and with that I give you yet another snippet from this addition to the novel. I've altered these snippets slightly to hide the characters names, as I am not yet ready to reveal them. Soon.


   A scraping noise from behind alerted him. He spun to find another guard, the remnants of one at least, half out of the water at the far end of the pier. It dug its fingernails into the boards and clawed itself the rest of the way up onto the wooden planks.
   “We’ve got another one here,” he shouted as he put his back to his friend's and faced off against the approaching second guard. Its chest was torn open, and its entire upper body leaned to the side; eyes vacantly gazing at its prey.
   “Is there no end to this,” cried out the third companion as she fired her arrow at the corpse that had pulled itself out of the water?
   The guard grunted as the arrow slammed into its left thigh, and without flinching or pausing, lumbered on.
   “They’re Undead,” he yelled in reply.

No comments:

Post a Comment