Thursday, January 10, 2013

Steady Progress

Progress. It's not measured by your achievements, but rather but what you do each day to achieve your goals. I find the best way to make steady progress towards my goals is to write them down somewhere, where you will see them at the beginning of every day, and actively act on making steps towards them.

I started this year by writing down my goals for my first book, and so far have far exceeded my expectations. I'm now eleven chapters into the novel, and am having a blast writing it. It's taken over my dreams, and my entertainment time; as it has become my new entertainment.

I still manage to sneak in some reading, or an episode of my favorite shows here and there; and a walk to soak up sunshine when it pokes its head out. With that, I have another bit to share with you all.

Here is a snippet from Chapter Eleven:


   He looked back at the woman’s corpse and flicked his left hand upward towards the fallen guard, as if beckoning her.
   “No sense you lazing about now, come on, on your feet; we’ve got work to do.”
   Her corpse quivered momentarily, and then rose slowly to its feet. Borgolas picked up the rogue sword and shield and handed them back to their departed owner. The husk of the guard stared at him with glazed eyes as it rapped its stiffened fingers around the hilt of the blade and through the straps of the shield.

No comments:

Post a Comment